Sometimes WhatsApp may not upload all the media files from your chat. This can be due to the following reasons:
- You have an Android phone and a very long chat? Unfortunately, Android limits the amount of data that can be exported to 15Mb (chat with media) or 40,000 messages (chat without media); this is a limitation of Android that we have no control over.
- You cancelled the chat upload in the middle of the process (in this case we recommend you to re-upload the chat).
- You don’t have all the media files saved on your phone anymore (because you might have deleted them at some point)
To complete your chat, there are the following solutions:
- Edit your zapptales book on your phone and use the “Add Media” option to add the missing media from your phone gallery to your book.
- Upload individual media files manually via WebWhatsApp on your computer. Please note that this only works for media files from the last three months (due to a limitation of WhatsApp). You can find out exactly how this works here.